Butchart Gardens Tour
All Butchart Gardens Bus Tours allow our guests to take any trip departing from downtown and return on any of our schedules from the Gardens. See our Butchart Tour schedule and pricing for all Seasons. Arriving in Victoria by Cruise Ship - visit our Butchart Gardens page for cruise passengers. For visitors travelling to or from Vancouver please visit our Butchart Tour - Vancouver webpage for all the details
The Butchart Gardens - one of Victoria's most famous and popular attractions! Begun in 1904 as an effort to restore a worked-out quarry site, The Butchart Gardens has since been delighting visitors from all around the world. As you make your way around the gardens, you'll walk through intimate stone paths and streams lined with colorful arrays of flowers and trees. The gardens adjusts their floral displays to suit the season so it is just as spectacular in Spring and Fall as it is in Summer.
The Butchart Gardens has been designed to please the eye and generally delight the senses. It could be the pale green of emerging leaves in spring, complemented by brilliant pink or white flowers of trees; the dazzling bedding plants framed in by sweeping lawns, with the treat to the nose of a waft of a thousand scents of summer. Approximately 35 minutes from downtown, The Butchart Gardens features over 55 acres of meticulously manicured grounds. Blossoms, fragrances and during the summer, the Night Illuminations, ensure that this will be an experience you will not soon forget.
Saturday nights in July and August feature spectacular fireworks - Learn more on the Butchart Fireworks Tour here.
Interested in seeing The Butchart Gardens and other iconic attractions and sites? Our exclusive Best of Victoria Tour saves you over $100 over competing tours and offers the most intimate way to see the very Best of Victoria in one great package.
Join our Butchart Gardens Bus Tour for these Highlights :
- Driver / Guide will provide you with narration to the Gardens about Victoria and the history of the Gardens.
(note - tours are not permitted on the grounds and guests can wander at their leisure)
- Great Price! (Package includes Gardens admission)
- Luxury Bus to Butchart Gardens from Victoria
- Optional upgrade to add Butterfly Gardens for the price of Admission only.
- Complimentary Hotel pick-up from select Downtown Hotels.
- Frequent trips throughout the Day (peaks in Summer with 11 schedules to and from Gardens)
- Full Flexibility in Trips - head out on any departure and pick your own return
- Confirmed reservations by booking on line.
- As an added bonus your driver will provide you with narration enroute about Victoria and the history of the Gardens.
- When we developed this service years ago, we operated a discount no frills shuttle bus and a second more expensive tour bus with some of the perks above. Running two buses didn't make sense so now you get an inexpensively priced shuttle bus with all the perks of the tour bus. We think that is great value.
Here are some of our tips for a great visit to the world famous Butchart Gardens.
- Travellers to The Butchart Gardens during the off-season October thru April are treated to the various themed Gardens without the high traffic that can be the Gardens during the Summer Season (May to September)
- During the peak Summer Season, the best time to visit The Butchart Gardens is during the early morning just after opening. Visitors will find the Gardens are less congested before about 11am daily. Many guests travelling from the BC Mainland arrive by tour bus from Vancouver about 11am and the paths and walkways become a little busier during this period.
- Another great time to visit The Gardens is in late afternoon and early evening. During the peak Summer Season (June 15th to the end of August, the Butchart Gardens is open until 10pm with guests not having to leave the grounds until 11pm.
- Spring in Victoria comes early and flowers are in bloom in The Butchart Gardens starting in March, the colours and fragrances start in earnest in April and continue right through until the fall foliage takes over in October. There is always something to see in The Gardens.
- There are several eateries on the property including the Tea Lobby for Afternoon Tea, the formal Dining Room and the Blue Poppy Cafeteria. Ice cream, sandwiches, coffee and a variety of menu items will appeal to most tastes. Many of the locations are casual but should you want to impress someone special - formal dining is also available. Reservations are recommended for Afternoon Tea and formal dining.
- The Butchart Gardens enjoys some of the better weather in Victoria lying in a rainshadow, so weather is always a little drier and warmer here then in many locatons in Victoria. Umbrellas are available free of charge year round in the event that the weather does become inclement.
- While mobility scooters are not available at The Gardens, guests may utilize the complimentary wheelchairs for the mobility impaired. They are available on a first come first served basis.
- CVS Tours guests visiting The Butchart Gardens may depart from downtown on any of our Victoria to The Gardens scheduled departures and return on any one of our return trips. During the Spring and Summer guests have numerous return trips they can choose from.
- A major benefit of visiting The Gardens by tour bus from Victoria is the history you will get about this Canadian National Historic Site, knowledgeable driver guides provide insight you will not get elsewhere.
- Most CVS Tours to The Gardens are by modern air conditioned Double Decker bus with comfortable seating and providing a unique experience that is offered buy no other Tour Company.